- Check out the 100 Mile House Ideas Competition: Participants are challenged to design a house to accommodate 4 people with a maximum area of 1200 square feet (111M2) using only materials and systems made/ manufactured / recycled within 100 miles of the City of Vancouver (emphasis is NOT on affordable housing).
- Atlantic Cities takes a stab at what is (or will become) a hugely contentious issues in Metro Vancouver: the Tsawwassen First Nation’s mall project. Is it a sign of things to come?
- Another from the Atlantic: a feature on British Columbia’s 2nd city, Surrey, BC.
- The Vancouver Public Space Network is hosting an Ideas Slam (bring your ideas and your enthusiasm!).
- New Georgraphy takes on the 2011 Canadian census data: Urban Dispersion.
- More good news from New York: their effort to make NYC streets safer is paying dividends.
Cool timelapse in Rotterdam (though, it’s a promo vid for a Rem Koolhaas designed building)